Thoreau's Go Confidently Embossed Solid Brass Compass with Leather Case
Among the Four Great Inventions, the magnetic compass was first invented as a device for divination as early as the Chinese Han Dynasty and later adopted for navigation by the Song Dynasty Chinese during the 11th century. The first usage of a compass recorded in Western Europe and the Islamic world occurred around 12th Century The compass has Scout Oath inscribed under the lid. Planning to go on a trip? Consider bringing a compass with you. Even though nowadays, many people use their smartphones or other GPS devices for navigation, there is nothing more reliable than an old school compass. Whatever is your way of travelling, a compass will help to accurately determine the direction you are heading.
- Made of brass with Leather case ; Beautifully crafted solid brass pocket compass with a rich, antique patina finish
- Size : 6.5 x 6.5 x 3 cm(L x b x h) Leather case : 6 x 5 x 1.5cm (compass)
- Fully functioning compass ; Use in the field or at sea
- Used while hunting, camping, hiking or working, the compass can be a lost individual's most prized possession.
- As a perfect present, this Compass for sale is a gleaming recreation of the antique compasses that have guided sailors since the 1100s